1) We’ve recently had two pieces of writing published on Novara Wire.
One looks at tips that we’ve learnt from our 2 years of organising as HASL (and with the advice, support and inspiration of other LCAP groups!) Please have a read and let us know if you’ve got any other ideas that we’ve missed out!
Our second piece is from our Freedom of Information request research looking at how councils are forcing homeless households into the private sector and out of London.
2) We’re going to the anti-austerity march this Saturday 20th June.
Quality homes for all, no welfare cuts, fight poverty! Join us at 11am outside Brixton tube station to travel up and march together.
3) On Friday 26th June we’re supporting the Mental Health Resistance Network’s March on Streatham Job Centre
Protest at mental health services and support being moved into Job Centres where claimants are subjected to a culture of bullying and the threat of benefit sanctions. Any quality and consensual mental health support must be kept separate from the DWP bullies who wield sanctions over claimants every move. Read more from Johnny Void here.
4) Our next lunch club with London Campaign Against Police and State Violence is on Saturday 4th July from 12pm at Burgess Park meeting by the kids’ playground.
Come along for free, nutritious food, good company, games, and to meet others organising against poverty, supporting each other and fighting for quality homes for all.
If you’d like to help organise the next lunch club, including collecting donations, and/or helping to cook on the day, get in touch with us (email@example.com) or come to our meeting next Wednesday. Join and share our facebook event here.
5) Our next HASL meeting is next Wednesday 24th June, 6.30pm at Renton Close Community Centre, Renton Close Estate, Brixton Hill, SW2 1EY.
Come along for support, information, and collective action on your housing problems, to help others in similar situations, and to fight to quality homes for all.
6) The next London Coalition Against Poverty general meeting will be on Saturday 11th July in Hackney.
Details to be confirmed. Save the date! Meet up with other mutual support and collective action groups, share tactics and advice, plan action together!